Finance committee minutes
Wednesday 2 June 2021 2pm
The Mayor: Councillor D Russell (Chairman)
Councillors: V Higgs; D Little; J Thomas
Officers: S Saunders (Town Clerk); G Shaw (Treasurer)
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
No apologies for absence were received.
It was RESOLVED that the Minutes of the Meeting of the Committee held on the 25th Jaunuary2021 be confirmed as a correct record, and signed by the Chairman.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
- INTERNAL AUDITOR’S REPORT
Members of the Finance Committee went through the Internal Auditor’s report and resolved they were satisfied with the adequacy of the internal audit arrangements for the town council.
- ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT 2020/21
Members resolved that the Annual Governance Statement 2020/21 be recommended for approval to the Town Council meeting on 8th June 2021.
- ANNUAL ACCOUNTS 2020/21
The treasurer took Members through the Annual Accounts for 2020/21 and the following was reported:
- There was a budget underspend, mainly due to the Covid pandemic.
- Additional monies had been spent on equipment in the parks and play areas to keep the areas compliant with health and safety.
- In response to a Member question, the treasurer would obtain further information on the Roland Worth Trust Fund.
The treasurer was thanked for his excellent report.
Members resolved the annual accounts be recommended to Town Council meeting on 8th June 2021 for approval.
- UPDATE FROM THE TOWN CLERK
Members were advised of the following:
- Purchase of new works van – It had been agreed at the budget meeting on 25th January 2021 that a new works van be purchased. Research had been carried out, i.e. Autotrader, visiting various garage sites and the vehicle purchased had represented good value for money.
- Repairs to wall at Civic Hall – Following an incident in December 2020, the wall at the front of Civic Hall had been knocked down. Quotes had been obtained for the repair and these were: £1,310, £2,496 and £4,030. After evaluating the quotations, it had been decided to go ahead with the quotation for £1,310 which was from Joseph Wood.
- Riverside Paddling Pool – Due to Covid restrictions, it was planned that the opening of the paddling pool would be 21st June 2021.
- Clock Tower – After a discussion, it was agreed that quotes should be obtained for the painting of the inside of the clock tower for preservation purposes.
- LETTER RECEIVED FROM STOURPORT FORWARD REGARDING GRANT MONIES
The Town Council budgeted annually to pay Stourport Forward the sum of £3,000. At the Grants meeting on 24th February 2021, it was agreed that until a letter of request had been received from Stourport Forward the monies would not be paid. Accordingly, a letter had now been received and Members resolved to pay the amount of £3,000.
- EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
Decision: "Under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting during the consideration of the following items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of "exempt information" as defined in Paragraph 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act.
- SALARY FOR A MEMBER OF TOWN COUNCIL STAFF
The Town Clerk advised Members that there had been an anomaly regarding the salary of a Member of staff. Following a discussion, it was resolved that the salary remain the same, as the budgets had been accounted for over the last 5 years.
- STAFF ESTABLISHMENT FIGURES
A report was handed out to Members on the latest staff establishment figures which was noted.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS
There was no other business.
The Meeting closed at 2.42pm.